[ale] openssl related software question

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Tue Jul 30 21:39:54 EDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002 jenn at colormaria.com wrote:

> Sorry if this is common knowledge or a stuipd question, I just don't see it
> mentioned anywhere in the bugtraq posts...and RedHat recommends that you
> restart your server after applying the patch!!!!!  Since when do you reboot a
> non-MS box after applying a patch!?

Re-booting is not a bad idea as a general rule. You may be totally aware
of every running service that is using openssl, and based on our
conversations in the past, I'm sure you are. However, RH has to assume the
worst when dealing with administrators. No recompiling will be needed,
just restart all services that make use of openssl and verify the patch
when/if proof of concept code is released by Neohapsis.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security