[ale] OT - Entry Level Job Opening

James Taylor jtaylor at fantasylane.net
Mon Jul 29 21:28:41 EDT 2002

I actually went to your company's site because I have a client who might have a need for your software.

No luck there.  I got a message saying I wasn't welcome if I don't use Internet Exploder.

Your company gets a big fat zero on my eval list....

-jt

James Taylor
The East Cobb Group,Inc
678-560-9702
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Alan Bowman <aminus at mindspring.com> 07/29/02 09:14PM >>>
Hello all,
 The company I work for has an opening for an entry level Unix support
person.  The company provides practice management software to the Dental
industry. The open position will provide hardware and operating system
support to clients running various versions of SCO Unix. The machines we
support have no GUI, just the command line. You will need to be familiar
with moving around the Unix file system, editing files in vi, and have
an aptitude for computer hardware.  Good troubleshooting skills are a
must. We support everything from serial terminals to laser printers,
from network hubs to multimuxes. It's not necessary that you know the
hardware, but being comfortable with Unix is a must.
 The job is 100% phone support, Monday through Friday. There is no
travel involved. The job is located in Marietta, off Windy Hill Rd and
I-75.

 Please note, I AM NOT the one doing the hiring. I have no idea what the
position pays, and will have no say in who gets hired.  Please don't
send your resume to me, because I'll just forward it to /dev/null.
Please send your resumes to:

 Patsy Smith   patsysmith at practiceworks.com

I'm sure she would appreciate them in something readable by M$ Word,
since that's what the company uses internally for all documentation.

Thanks,
...alan

--
Unhappy the land that needs heroes.