[ale] automating a download

Ed Landa elanda at xeme.com
Mon Jul 29 21:25:43 EDT 2002

> found is way off. Can someone point me to a URL that explains how to login to
> a remote machine and make it do my bidding using only a .sh script?

I don't know about a URL, but you can pass a command with SSH to be executed on
the remote server.  Depending on how complex the actions you want to take are,
you might want to scp over your script file and the run it.  Something like :

scp script.to.run user at server:/home/user
ssh user at server /home/user/script.to.run

Ed

 PGP signature