[ale] Laptop Questions

Tomoki Taniguchi Tomoki at allurefm.com
Mon Jul 29 12:06:30 EDT 2002

the biggest problem you'll most likely run into is the modem.
most laptops now days come with win-modems.  The linux kernel
doesn't have support for them AFAIK.  There are projects that
have made working drivers for them, but I haven't really tried
to see how well they work.  I just have a pcmcia card when I
need a modem.

oh and try to avoid laptop that uses usb-floppy drives.