[ale] php and unixODBC

Taylor Robison trobis at speakeasy.net
Thu Jul 25 13:49:23 EDT 2002

I've never set up php to use sybase, but I have couple ideas about whats
wrong.  To compile sybase support for php, you will need to have a set
of headers that explain to php how to use the sybase API.  I had this
problem with php and mysql once and it turned out I had forgotten to
install the development headers package.

If that is not the problem, perhaps you need to edit /etc/php.ini to
configure php to "turn on" the sybase functions.

Taylor