[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth DSL?

exo exodous at m-net.arbornet.org
Wed Jul 24 16:39:33 EDT 2002

Hey,

How is it going.  I dunno if this will help.  But it seems to work for me.
Get a dyndns.org domain or dhs.org etc.  Dyndns is pretty good.  Have it
set to the ip address of the machine which has dynamic address.  Its a
free service.  So you can mail at someuser at something.dyndns.org or
whatever free domains they have.  So email will go to that address.  You
will not have to use bellsouth smtp server at all.  You can do that with
your machine and you can be your friend's backup mx.  I know this sounds
simple or this might not solve your problem.  But you can definitely look
at the issue from this angle.

Best thing with dyndns.org , is if your ip changes, it automatic update
the dyndns.org address.  But the linux client has to run the software
which sends updates to the dyndns.org to keep info updated.  If the ip
hardly changes, you can choose static address.

But I believe this problem could be solved by this method.  It will not
cost you anything.

Does this help you,

Later

-a