[ale] Sendmail and Bellsouth DSL?

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Wed Jul 24 11:03:06 EDT 2002

What you are trying to do will most likely get you kicked off BellSouth
DSL. That is the mail forwarding process that generates mountains of
spam. If a friend is having mail delivery problems from their ISP, tell
the friend to have the ISP fix it.

BellSouth will block all email that is relayed in the manner you
describe. And they should. For a long time, BellSouth was incredibly
permissive on the mail relay from their residential customers. They got
clobbered in the "court of public opinion" and figured out how to read
mail headers before accepting mail from their residential customers.

If you want to forward email, you can with a commercial DSL account. It
costs more but the allowed activity list greater.