[ale] Q: q'n'd script to make 'thumbnails' with ImageMagick?

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Tue Jul 23 23:20:24 EDT 2002

Hey John,
please correct me if I am misunderstanding your question, but a quick way
to do this without using a script, is say you have all your originals in
a directory, make a copy
cp -R orig thumbnails
cd thumbnails
mogrify -geometry 160x120 *.jpg
identify *.jpg

mogrify is part of the ImageMagick suite(sweet ;)

just do a man mogrify for more info, but this does not even need a script.

Let me know if this is what you were looking for.

--cade

On Linux vs Windows
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!