[ale] Sendmail probs continue

Taylor Robison trobis at speakeasy.net
Mon Jul 22 16:17:03 EDT 2002

I'm thinking your machine has an identity problem.  It needs to find its
true self.

Does the machine know its name?--what does the  "hostname" command return?

You mentioned that you have a registered domain name.  Are you managing
the DNS yourself?
Could you examine the zone files?
Could it be that the reverse zone files have a mistake somewhere?  This
might prevent your machine or bellsouth from completing a reverse lookup.

These are just some thoughts.  I could be way off.

Oh, also take a look at postfix.  Its an alternative to sendmail.  Its a
little easier to configure and is rumored to have slightly better
protection from unknowingly
becoming a spam relay point.  I've set it up a few times and its pretty
simple.

Taylor