[ale] [OT] Enough of the OT Crap!!

Jonathan Rickman jonathan at xcorps.net
Mon Jul 22 12:17:12 EDT 2002

I am by no means in any position of authority within the ALE organization,
but I've been on this list a really long time. I can't really remember
when I first subscribed, but I believe it was sometime in 1995. That being
said, I feel I have every right to give my opinion on the issue at hand.
Off topic posts have never been a major problem on the list as far as I
can tell. Every few months we see a flurry of off topic posts followed by
some members (usually newer) attempting to make a federal case about it. A
week or so passes, and the subject is dropped. The same thing will happen
again next time...and the next...and the next. Get over it people. The
list is the Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts mailing list. We're all enthusiastic
about Linux, but we don't all live in Atlanta. Heaven forbid!!! Should we
have a zip code check and kick the folks outside of Atlanta off? Give me a
break! OT postings happen. Deal with it. We're all Linux enthusiasts, but
that doesn't mean we don't have any interest in other things.

--
Jonathan Rickman
X Corps Security