[ale] GNOME 2.0 problems

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Mon Jul 22 08:28:48 EDT 2002

Make sure you have read, understand, and followed ALL of the
caveats/direction on the Gnome site about the use of Gnome2.0. If the
environment is not setup correctly, and it tries to incorrectly load,
say gnome-panel-1.4, it won't run. From what I have read, Gnome2.0 is
not backwards compatible at all.