[ale] [OT] Enough of the OT Crap!!

Cade Thacker linux at cade.org
Sun Jul 21 20:08:48 EDT 2002

<sorta rant>
I know that I am one of the biggest instigators of some of the OT lists
(go search ALE archives for "cade"), but that said, if all of us are smart
enough to install linux, then I don't understand why thoughs who want to
ignore the OT threads don't just set up a filter to do just that. When I
log into my shell, it runs nfrm twice, once filtering out [ale] and second
filtering everything that does not say [ale], so how hard would it be to
set this up.

As per the bigger picture, I figure that if i find something cool, neat,
or thought provoking, then probably somebody else on this list would think
so to. Not to mention that there is A LOT of brain power on this list, and
the cool people on this list know about many more things than just Linux.

I mean did the H1 visas have jack squat to do with linux? Did I read every
word of that thread? You bet cha. Where else in the world would I have
been able to get together people(who's opinions I respect) to talk about
topics like that.

I guess all I am saying is this....simple answer put [OT] in the subject.
If a non-[OT] thread gets off topic, then somebody just needs to suggest
that the thread be moved to [OT] and then everybody is happy.

There are too many great people/opinions in the *community* not to allow
the discussion to meander till the discussion is finish!

</sorta rant>

--cade

On Linux vs Windows
Remember, amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic!