[ale] OT Sunday thread: Predictions

Joseph A Knapka jknapka at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 21 01:43:36 EDT 2002

Hi folks,

Back in 1984 (or so) I made a prediction: I predicted that
the Berlin Wall would come down by the end of the century.
That one came to pass just a few years later.

Since the news of late has pretty much been one giant-sized
downer with dog doo-doo on top, I figure it's time to
jump-start future happiness with another prediction (and
remember, I've established a record of 100% accuracy ;-).
So my prediction is this:

Scientists will discover evidence of life on an extrasolar
planet within the next fifteen years.

July 2017. Mark your calendars.

Cheers,

-- Joe