[ale] Selective SSL Limiting

Christopher R. Curzio ale at accipiter.org
Tue Jul 16 09:11:47 EDT 2002

Hello all.

I've just set up SSL on my webserver, but I'm only using it for specific
tasks which are in specific directories. To cut down on CPU overhead, I'd
like to limit https use to directories that I define. For example, I want
"https://www.foo.bar/secure/" to allow SSL use, but "https://www.foo.bar"
to deny use of SSL, and/or redirect to "http://www.foo.bar"

Does that make sense? Basically, I don't want the system bogged down by
users who are having every single page encrypted at 128 bit RSA, so I'd
like to choose which directories will make use of SSL, and kill it for
everything else.

--
Christopher R. Curzio     |  Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax
http://www.accipiter.org  |  si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?