[ale] apache virtual hosts

Jon Faranda jonfa at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 15 21:20:45 EDT 2002

Hi All,

I have a Redhat 7.2 box with a DSL connection.
The ISP dynamically assigns the IP's so the IP changes often.
Right now I use DTDNS.com for DNS service to run my website (<A
href="http://redhatjon.slyip.net">http://redhatjon.slyip.net). This runs
flawlessly, but I want to set up several other websites on the same box, but I
am unsure of the parameters required by httpd.conf. Will something like the
following work:

NameVirtualHost
redhatjon.slyip.net
<VirtualHost
192.168.0.7>   # 192.168.0.7 is the IP of the Redhat box
with apache running
   ServerName
redhatjon.slyip.net
   DocumentRoot
"/var/www/html"
</VirtualHost>

NameVirtualHost
someother.slyip.net
<VirtualHost
192.168.0.7>
   ServerName
someother.slyip.net
   DocumentRoot
"/var/www/html/someother"
</VirtualHost>

I already have redhatjon.slyip.net specified in the beginning of httpd.conf
so does this even need to be in the VirtualHost section? What am I doing wrong?
Is this even possible?
--Jon Faranda<A
href="http://redhatjon.slyip.net">http://redhatjon.slyip.net