[ale] Tonight's meeting: IP Tables

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Thu Jul 11 17:19:36 EDT 2002

Let's see...

Its now 5:30, I'm in Charlotte without the car tonight, and the meeting is
at 7:30...

Nope. Not going to make it. No way.

Therefor. Bob: After the meeting, would you (or somebody) post notes where
us great unwashed and not attending can get to them please?

Thanks.

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, Transam wrote:

> TONIGHT is this month's ALE meeting at the Emory School of Law, on
> IP Tables:
>
> 7:30 PM
> Thursday July 11, 2002
> Emory University School of Law
> 1301 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA
> Gambrell Hall Classroom 1C
> Dirs: http://www.ale.org/directions.shtml
>
> Topic: IP Tables
> Speaker: Bob Toxen
>
> Bob will provide a presentation on IP Tables, the successor of
> IP Chains, though IP Chains still is available on the 2.4 kernel.
>
> Some of the topics will be:
>
> Basic differences between Tables & Chains
>
> Will Tables give you better security than Chains: the real scoop
> (you won't hear about this elsewhere)
>
> Converting to Tables: should you and how
>
> Q&A
>
> Bob Toxen
> transam at cavu.com                       [Bob's ALE Bulk email]
> bob at verysecurelinux.com                [Please use for email to me]
> http://www.verysecurelinux.com         [Network&Linux/Unix security consulting]
> http://www.realworldlinuxsecurity.com/ [My 5* book:"Real World Linux Security"]
> http://www.cavu.com/sunset.html        [Sunset Computer]
> Fly-By-Day Consulting, Inc.      "Don't go with a fly-by-night outfit!"
> Quality Linux & UNIX security and SysAdmin & software consulting since 1990.
>
> ---
> sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca