[ale] Delivery issues

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jul 11 12:33:11 EDT 2002

Yesterday, I received no ALE mail (twitch, twitch). Same for today.  I
email Jeff Hubbs of line to ask if ALE was running after I posted a
question/comment and never saw my own post. The maillog shows ale stuff
coming in but it is not delivered. Earthlink was scratching their heads
with me.

So I turned off spamassasin and restarted sendmail. I removed the spamc
line in /etc/procmailrc. Terry Tucker wrote me back to tell me his ALE
mail was off yesterday as well. Is there a problem?

Side note, my mailbox machine is collecting "/usr/bin/updatedb -f
NFS,SMBFS,NCPFS,PROC,DEVPTS -e /tmp,/var/tmp,/usr/tmp,/afs,/net"
process that won't die. They also won't allow a SIGKILL. They are run
from cron.daily/slocate. Kill -9 has no effect. Restarting cron does
NADA as well.

<jkinney at localnetsolutions.com>

 This is a digitally signed message part