[ale] OT - DSL

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Thu Jul 11 00:29:02 EDT 2002

Has anyone here used DirecTV's satellite internet service?  I use
DirecTV for my tv provider so I think all I would have to do if I
decided to switch from DSL is get the larger dish.  I understand that it
both transmits and recieves through the dish, so bandwith can be pretty
high.  Of course since its satellite it would have a higher latency, but
I am not much of an online games player (unless there are some really
good games for the ps2 internet adapter coming out, then I may change my
mind ;).

Thanks,
Mike