[ale]A saner man than me said "stupid is as stupid does."

Keith Hopkins hne at hopnet.net
Wed Jul 10 18:29:37 EDT 2002

Rafos701 at aol.com wrote:
> I regret the presence of my gibberish on this serious forum, and concur
> somewhat with many appraisals, especially gratefully for "oblivious"
[snip]

> anything for a while; I'm embarassed. And I'm wanting to know what I'm
> talking about, and maybe I'll get luckay and only the forward will work.

while I too have enjoyed reading your, um, postings, I do find them somewhat vague when it comes to technical details.

sources for suse: ftp is an acceptable option if you have a fast link (dsl/cable).
try moving up to 7.3, instead of back to 6.4.  while I found 6.4 to be quite useful/stable myself, 7.0,7.1. and to a lesser extend 7.2, really bit.  I've setteled into 7.3 where I'm mostly happy.  needless to say, I'm skipping on 8.x series until it progresses a bit further.
even net installs via ftp work fine in 7.3.  I did one for a friend who had dsl on a p133, and just let it dl overnight.

and should I have missed this by a wide mark, then I'll concur with the others and simply say, wtf?

--
Lost in Tokyo,
   Keith