[ale] OT - DSL

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Jul 10 14:32:52 EDT 2002

Correct - but that wasn't the only, or even main, criteria in the original
question posed...

> The last time I tried, I was told the following:
>
> 1. You can only get static ip on a business line.
> 2. it will still use dhcp and pppoe
> 3. static ip using dhcp/pppoe on a business line costs
>    more.
> 4. a business line costs more.
>
> So I was looking at taking an existing phone line, using
> it no differently then I currently do and paying more for
> it.  Also, paying more for dsl because of the static ip,
> like double.

Guess I should have specified - I am talking about ADSL for a business
(commercial) location.  As far as I know, Bellsouth is the *only* ISP that
will provide ADSL to a business location.

> I say screw BellSouth.  They're my last choice for
> anything.  Full discloser: I work for AT&T, the has been
> monopoly.

In general, I would agree with you, but I also am not one who would cut off
my nose to spite my face.  Bellsouth ADSL is the by far the best choice for
our company's situation.

Charles