[ale] OT - DSL

Geoffrey esoteric at 3times25.net
Wed Jul 10 12:37:24 EDT 2002

Kilroy, Chris wrote:
> ->> My experience with BellSouth DSL absolutely blows Earthlink out of
> ->> the water.
> ->
> ->Would you give details?

Since were talking details.  I work from home, and therefore have a vpn
that's up for 8-14 hours a day.  Note, if it misses a heartbeat it goes
down, hence if my dsl burps my vpn goes down.  It happens, but rarely.
I've had very consistent connectivity and they actually answer the phone
when you call them.  They always return email and provide solutions for
any problems.

I've been pleased with my speed.  dslreports tests have always shown my
connection to be above their top rating.  Just now, here it is:

2002-07-10 12:36:36 EST: 879 / 217
Your download speed : 879512 bps, or 879 kbps.
A 107.3 KB/sec transfer rate.
Your upload speed : 217924 bps, or 217 kbps.

I don't know why there was such a large difference between up and down,
but that stuff is smoking.  What can I say?

Until later: Geoffrey		esoteric at 3times25.net