[ale] H1B -- What To Do

Bob Evans bobevans19 at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 9 15:21:02 EDT 2002

I can only deal with this situation based on my
personal knowledge, and what I've researched. I'm
convinced that there never WAS a shortage of skilled
IT professionals in this country. That myth was spread
by the ITAA, to give the H1B legislation an excuse.
Cheap labor was all that the corporations behind the
ITAA wanted.

I've been playing this game for more than 20 years.
I've kept current with programming technology. I think
I'm marketable.

But I can't compete with people who work for a third
of what I make. I was part of a group of 70 British &
American programmers who were benched in favor of a
pair of Indian body shops.

I've trained my replacements. They were average - no
more, no less. I DO feel for them, because they are
indentured servants to corporations that sponsor them.

=====
Bob Evans                            http://carolinux.com
bobevans19 at yahoo.com                 Providing economical
704 882-6214 (w)                     computer solutions
704 562-7166 (m)                     to the Carolinas...