[ale] encryption/obfuscation (Was: No, wait- Leonard ...)

Mike Panetta ahuitzot at mindspring.com
Tue Jul 9 13:53:31 EDT 2002

Ok, now this is going to drive me nuts!  I have to figure out what that
method of obfuscation was called.  I am not sure its steganography, I
think it may have been called something else?  I know that there were
several programs written (I think in perl, as its the most logical
choice here) to do this, and I think it would be neat to find one and
see if I could run this message through it to figure out what it says.

One thing is very obvious to me about the message, both this one, and
the one he sent before it both seem to use parts of messages posted to
this list as "dictionary words" or whatever.  They are both filled with
alot of technical words, and words from our latest topics of discussion
such as the political and distribution discussions that have been going
on as of late.  The subject of the message seems to have nothing to do
with what is contained in the body, so maybe that is some sort of key?

Anyone else want to bite? :)

If you guys want this taken off list thats ok with me, just keep me in
the loop :)

Mike