[ale] CNN opportunity

Transam transam at cavu.com
Mon Jul 8 16:34:52 EDT 2002

> Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 16:44:15 -0400
> From: Tom & JaVonn <pairoftwins at mindspring.com>
> To: Transam <transam at cavu.com>
> Cc: bobevans19 at yahoo.com, discuss at charlug.org, ale at ale.org
> Subject: Re: [ale] CNN opportunity

Tom & JaVonn,
> Bob:

> Google quickly sent me to:
>
> http://www.zazona.com/h1bpetition/

> which includes a petition and a LOT of background information.

> Could we be offering these petitions for signatures at ALE meetings ?

100 people signing a petition carries far less weight with elected
officials than 100 individual paper letters.  Also, both KSU and Emory
may have prohibitions against "political" use of meeting space that this
might violate.  You might want to bring the petition BUT invite people
to sign it after the meeting as officially closed and preferably in the
hall outside the reserved room.

> Tom

Just my $.02.

Bob