[ale] playing DVD on 7.3

stephen stephen at phynp6.phy-astr.gsu.edu
Sun Jul 7 00:44:52 EDT 2002

On Sat, Jul 06, 2002 at 09:03:43PM -0400, ChangingLINKS.com wrote:
> I guess that is why I was asking for specific directions. I tried:
>
> [root at change local]# tar xvzf xine-dvdnav-0.9.9.tar.gz
> gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
> tar: Child returned status 1
> [root at change local]#

Just another suggestion...sometimes if i use a brower like mozilla
to download compressed tarballs, it may decompress them automatically
without renaming.  So, if it's not a corrupt file, you may try:

mv xine-dvdnav-0.9.9.tar.gz xine-dvdnav-0.9.9.tar  # rename it
tar -xf xine-dvdnav-0.9.9.tar # unpack it

hth,
stephen