[ale] Low cost motherboards

John LaPierre jjlapierre at knology.net
Sat Jul 6 13:35:06 EDT 2002

I've done a lot of business with Ginstar - from 99 - 2001, my business
purchased over 100 PC's that they assembled and enough parts to make hundreds
more that we assembled or just used for replacements. In that time Ginstar
grew quite a bit. They used to be the lowest price in town but others are
down there with them now. The best thing about Ginstart was that in all that
time, I had 1 motherboard, 1 CD-ROM and I think 1 video card that was bad, or
went bad during the warranty period of 1 year. We had very good luck with
their parts. Even though many people sell the same parts, we didn't have the
same good fortune in other shops. We tried a lot of bargain shops and some
sold absolute trash where we had to return 30% or more of our purchases. The
bad thing about Ginstar is that the word is out, and you will most likely
experience long waits, and being purely busine$$ oriented, they don't always
have the best customer relations. If you do a telephone order, be very sure
the rep understood you, some of the rep's English is pretty poor. The key is
to know your hardware, know what you want when you go there and in this way I
found that I got reliable parts at low prices.

Keep in mind that YMMV.