[ale] Kernel halts with over 500megs of RAM

joestory at bellsouth.net joestory at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 5 22:24:59 EDT 2002

Running slackware 8 with kernel 2.4.5.
Tyan Thunder 2 ATX board. Running Dual 333mhz Proc's.

Everything boots fine with two sticks of 256mb edo RAM, DIMMS.  Anything more and it gives me a message dealing with interrupts and a problem with sched.c at line 709.  I would love to have this working.  1GIG! of RAM wooo hooo.  I know the RAM is good, 98se can see every bit of it.  I will try updating my kernel sources and recompiling after sending this e-mail.  I have also tried the append="mem=  " option in lilo.conf.  If you have any suggestions, please send'em.

Thanks

Joe