[ale] schooling -- WAY, WAY, WAY OT now!!!

Glenn C. Lasher Jr. glasher at nycap.rr.com
Mon Jul 1 16:13:32 EDT 2002

Let me propose an anaolgy:

Public school is like Windows.
Private school is like MacOS.
Home schooling is like Linux.

Linux, like home schooling, is ultimately configurable to the needs of the
persons involved.  It requires, however, that you know what you are doing.

MacOS, like private school, is of a higher quality than its more-common
counterpart (windows/public school), is more user-friendly, but is also
far more expensive.

Windows, like public school, does work, but just barely.  It is cheap in
the short run, but ultimately very expensive, thanks to the extra effort
required to make it do what you really want.

How's that for a geeky analogy?

glasher at nycap.rr.com
You've been programmed by the Illuminati not to see the word "".