[ale] Recommendations for a good pcmcia 56k modem - again

rhiannen rhiannen at atlantacon.org
Thu Jan 31 22:20:33 EST 2002

one more try... a bit more coherent, I hope ;)

might want to look for a US Robotics or maybe a Zoom - there seems to be
a goodly amount of support for them
right now, I've got a 3Com 3CXM356 56K v.90 that works well (made for
IBM, but it's got Linux drivers... ~shrug~)
might want to avoid the 3Com Mini-PCI Modem/NIC combo, 3Com isn't
interested in making Linux modem drivers for it unless an uproar is made
- don't know of any other folks writing for it...

& Now, I'll wander off to bed & let clearer heads answer.

--
rhia
knowledge is power - arm yourself