[ale] VNCserver

ChangingLINKS.com ChangingLINKS.com at bigfoot.com
Wed Jan 30 21:45:08 EST 2002

Charles Marcus,
I was actually offended by your post. Assuming that I had not read the FAQ,
assuming that I don't want to take the time to learn, assuming I didn't try
to get it to work (I didn't want KDE like in the example in the FAQ) before
asking for more help . . . etc.
I want to thank those who have taken the time to help me at the install fest.
Stephen Duchene for teaching me what I know of vi and networking (and and
and). For Bob introducing me to Linux gaming with UT, for the entire ale list
that I read everyday to keep my 2 1/2 100% Linux systems up and running - as
well as my landlord's dual boot that I built from parts . . . Even my web
site ChangingLINKS.com is run on RedHat with mySQL and .php.

I thank everyone BUT you, who has nothing better to do than say things like:
"If you can't have fun learning and doing (and trying and failing and trying
again), then Linux isn't for you."

Please do not forget that Linux is ultimately not about learning, but USING.
I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone (but maybe you) wants newbies (or
anyone) to have to spend four hours learning (like I did with display
drivers) just to get a small attribute of a esoteric program to work.

Please try to remember never say "Linux isn't for you"  to _anyone_ else -
thinking that you are part of some religion that prides itself on excluding
others just to make themselves feel better.  That ain't Linux. And if that is
you, Linux is Still for you . . . but maybe YOU aren't for LINUX.
Drew
http://www.ChangingLINKS.com