[ale] RE: [ale-unemployed] A proposal

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Jan 30 15:15:36 EST 2002

> Count me into.   I can give spear time as well as helping to
> build servers doing installs, etc...  Showing a small business
> the better cheaper way to go would be a way to really get at M$.
> And have us profit at the same time.  Has anyone noticed, that
> you can make a Linux server/router for about the same price as a
> aDSL/Cable modem router?  Just talking price.

This reminds me of an idea I've had for some time...

I have been waiting forever for someone to come out with a Cable/DSL router that also had a USB connection that could talk to a USB cable or DSL modem.  Linksys came out with one recently that has a USB port, but it is for connecting to the computer, not to a USB modem.  Obviously it would have

How difficult would this be to build?  And at the same time, you could change the 10BT WAN port to a 10/100 switched port, and the same box could be used as a cheap internal network router as well.

Just thinking out loud...

Charles