[ale] RE: [ale-unemployed] A proposal /Pricing WE NEED TO MEET!!

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Wed Jan 30 15:05:13 EST 2002

Another aspect to this 'team' approach...

Many jobs will be routine (installing servers, setting up basic services, etc), and that's where people like me could come in.  I get more experience, and you more experienced fellows don't have to do the grunt work.  You walk in to a system that is already configured to a certain spec that we, as a group define.  We could have as many different specs as we want, each spec having a set cost to the customer, and with a set payment to the one doing the work (regardless of how long it takes).  That saves you guys more time, and saves the customer more money - they don't have to pay 'expert' rates for doing basic system installations and maintenance.

And as us newbies learn and grow, we can take on harder and harder jobs.

Non-standard stuff would be billed hourly, and I strongly recommend we sell service contracts - those are *very* lucrative.

Just some random thoughts...

Charles