[ale] Re: [ale-unemployed] howdy

Thompson Freeman tfreeman at intel.digichem.net
Wed Jan 30 14:48:17 EST 2002

On Wed, 30 Jan 2002, rhiannen wrote:

> yup - know the feeling.  Seems I get calls for jobs I'm way
> overqualified for, or jobs for which I have NO qualifications (Never
> worked on Oracle or the big irons), but the jobs I'm perfectly qualified
> for don't ever respond to my inquiries.
>
> Haven't had the luxury to turn down any jobs yet, not even sure if I
> would, at this point. :/
>
> The problem may be that resumes have to go through HR people (who have
> no clue as to how to read a tech resume - they don't sling the lingo)
> before they get to the hiring managers - shame.

I'm told that is largely the entire problem: and the solution should be
nearly glaringly obvious. Not only work the HR end, but you might need to
make some/many of those hiring managers friends of yours. It is one more
approach to employ.

The idea of banding together is also a good one. Especially if the group
can target a project.

The harder I work, the luckier I get.
                    Lee Iacocca
Thompson Freeman          tfreeman at intel.digichem.net