[ale] Rekall

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Wed Jan 30 09:47:44 EST 2002

Tommie M. Jones writes:

 > Has anyone been keeping track of this product
 > ( http://www.thekompany.com/products/rekall/ )
 >
 > I've looked at the web page a little and it seems pretty cool.  I've
 > always thought that Linux needed a solid competitor againist Microsoft
 > Access.  Something that combines database, programming language and a form
 > designer.  I really think this could launch a lot of small company
 > software.  Exactly where linux needs to be.

I hadn't seen this one.  I like it.  Clarisworks (now Appleworks) on
my wife's Mac has a cool application like this.  It is a small
database.  You define the feilds and lay them out graphically.  You
can create additional views just by dragging little text fields
around.  It is great for, e.g., creating a membership DB.  You can
create a nice format for data entry with one member one the screen at
a time, and another compact listing for printing with one member per
line, and a third one for printing on mailing labels.

It is nice and easy to use without needing to know anything about
DB--it's just point and click.  I've often though that Linux needs
something like this.

--Michael