[ale] RE: [ale-unemployed] howdy

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Tue Jan 29 19:06:21 EST 2002

It does happen. For an electronic device to be certified as usable in
the hospital, it's a harder route than getting Mil-spec certified.

Apparently, there's a lot of stuff that is susceptible to interference
from cell-phone wavelengths (US, don't know about UK).

Then there's the problem of people stopping what they are doing to
answer the cell phone. There are restaurants that have no cell phone
policies.

It's pretty easy to shield against. Put some pretty foil wallpaper up
and add a wire along the top of the baseboard to join them all into one,
big metal shield. Add some wire to the aluminum miniblinds and close
them. Cheaper than paneling the building in copper mesh! Metal siding
can work well too.