[ale] Has the IT market bottomed out?

Charles Marcus CharlesM at Media-Brokers.com
Tue Jan 29 18:18:03 EST 2002

For anyone interested, I've got the beginnings of just that.  I'm not a programmer though, so need one or more good coders to finish it and polish it up.

Basically, it is a basic replacement for ACT! 2000, using PostgreSQL for the back-end, and a web front end (mainly php, with some java script).

We already have a template for dumping an ACT! database, and a perl script for importing it.

There are some bugs, and it isn't finished, but it is very useable - we have been for over 6 months now.

If anyone (or more) are interested in discussing this, email me privately for details.  I can even arrange for a guided tour on-line, if the interest is serious.

Charles