[ale] My survival tactics (Has the IT market bottomed out?)

Lance Smith lancesmith at charter.net
Tue Jan 29 13:36:51 EST 2002

I have been out of IT work now for 4 months now. I have been working in
the construction industry to help with the bills, but even that has not
helped alot, filed for bankruptcy in Dec. to get relief from creditors..

Other than that I am doing ok..  I have kick started my old Contracting
company and do all forms of residential and light commercial work.
 Right now I am trying to get my reputation back up so that I can begin
building full houses. I will specialize with building "smart" houses. So
I can use my IT skills.

Now it is the re-model, insulation, sheet rock, finished basements,
additions, restorations, etc.....

Do any of you on this list need to have work done? I hate to advertise,
but since I am spilling my guts, I might as well try to get some
additional work.

Lance