[ale] Passwd replacement

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Mon Jan 28 18:42:38 EST 2002

crypt() can handle MD5 passwords.  You just haev to use a format for  the
salt.  Replace <salt> below with your salt;

char salt[6];
char *password;
strcpy(salt, "$1$<salt>";
password=crypt("PASSWORD", salt);

Don't use the code.  It is just to show an example.  with MD5 you will no
longer be limited to 8 character password.

Chris