[ale] PCMCIA Network Cards

Kevin Krumwiede krum at smyrnacable.net
Mon Jan 28 14:54:27 EST 2002

Someone asked about PCMCIA network cards a while back.  I had purchased one
that same day and hadn't time to test it yet (I had loaned my laptop to my
girlfriend with Win98 on it).  It's a Hawking cardbus 10/100, the cheapest
thing at Micro Center that had a real port on it instead of a dongle.
Anyway, Mandrake 8.1 treats it as a Linksys Etherfast 10/100 (tulip), and it
works perfectly.

Curiously, the box mentions that it supports Linux, and the driver disk
includes a module for it, but there is no Linux section in the installation
instructions.  I guess they just assume we don't need any help. :-)

Krum