[ale] Hardware question

bkruger at mindspring.com bkruger at mindspring.com
Mon Jan 28 12:39:53 EST 2002

Sorry for the somewhat off topic question, but....

I have a Gigabyte dual P300 MB in a Linux server.  I tried installing a 100Gig WD IDE HD in it, but the size was/is incompatible with the bios.  This was even after flashing the bios with the latest update.

My question is if a third part IDE controller card that can handle a drive this large would work in this computer, e.g. allow me to read and write to the HD (all 100 Gigs)?

Anyone have any experienc with this?

Regards - Bob Kruger