[ale] DirecTV DSL - No Reverse DNS

Jerry Z. Yu z.yu at ptek.com
Mon Jan 28 12:15:35 EST 2002

	reverse DNS lookup (IP -> DNS name) has nothing to do with RARP
(which is mac->IP)
	If the ftp server (or any server for the matter) trying to do
reverse DNS lookup before allowing further client connection, valid
request whose source IP can't be resolved to a valid DNS name, the server
time out the lookup eventually and allow the client to continue anyway.
However, your client program may time out before that. Another thing would
be the ident lookup.