[ale] Hosed a drive

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Sun Jan 27 12:32:59 EST 2002

I don't think writing past a partition boundary can hose a drive. But
that appears to have happened. Check your bios and see it it supports
the low-level format. It might be called initialize a drive.

Failure Fixed Disk 0 error means the bios can't read the 0'th cylinder.
Whatever is on there is trashed but an fdisk may recover the drive.