[ale] DirecTV DSL - No Reverse DNS

Ben Alexander ben at bensbox.com
Sat Jan 26 11:14:18 EST 2002

I am a DirecTV DSL customer and noticed that there was no reverse DNS
associated with my IP.  I contacted Customer Support and they stated:
"At this time we are not offering reverse DNS mapping to IP addresses."

Isn't it usually a common practice for ISPs to have reverse DNS
associated with IP addresses?  I know some FTP servers will not let you
connect if they cannot do a reverse lookup.  Anyone else think that this
is strange?

Ben