[ale] Kernel Upgrade question

Ken Nagorski kenn at refriedgeek.com
Fri Jan 25 16:17:06 EST 2002

Hi there,

Beware however. Just cause it is compiled in doesn't mean you need it. And
of you installed the distro and didn't install the kernel source there won't
be a .config file...

just my two cents - Ken

> See the file .config in /usr/src/linux.

> On Fri, 2002-01-25 at 16:08, Charles Marcus wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm gonna try my hand at compiling some kernels for practice, and was
>> wondering...
>>
>> Is there s way to find/list/print the flags (options) that were chosen
>> with the current kernel?  I mean, are these saved somewhere in the
>> sources, or the headers, or somwehere?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> Charles
>>

>> ---
>> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list.
>> should be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.
>>

> ---
> This message has been sent through the ALE general discussion list. See
> http://www.ale.org/mailing-lists.shtml for more info. Problems should
> be  sent to listmaster at ale dot org.

But I don't want to go among mad people,
Alice remarked.
Oh, you can't help that, said the Cat:
we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.
How do you know I'm mad? said Alice.
You must be, said the Cat,
or you wouldn't have come here.