[ale] [OT?] Solaris 6 admintool display back to linux (RH7.1) laptop

hirsch at zapmedia.com hirsch at zapmedia.com
Fri Jan 25 16:18:09 EST 2002

Does Solaris still use "ToolTalk"?  I think that is the name of their
underlying technology to let their various CDE things communicate.  In
general, it shouldn't be necessary, but as I recall, if I tried to run
CDE applications in a non-CDE environment they almost always looked
bad.  Since your linux box doesn't have it I can imagine it causing
problems for poorly written utilities.

--Michael