[ale] i hate csh

John Wells jbwellsiv at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 25 13:23:35 EST 2002

Can anyone offer me one redeeming quality of csh?  My
company just took over a project working on Solaris
under csh and I'm beginning to despise the cretin.

I'm a ksh fan myself (love that vi syntax).  When
compared to ksh (or bash for that matter), csh seems
antiquated and misguided.

Sorry, a bit frustrated with it right now, and I know
it's a comfort thing, but damn it...setting
environment variables shouldn't be that different from
setting shell vars, or that complex.

Sorry about the rant.