[ale] X Server Question

jeff tillotson ale at jeffx.com
Fri Jan 25 04:34:54 EST 2002

My very limited understanding of how using remote displays work is the client sends calls to the server and
the server realizes those calls under its own x resources.  So running something like:
	xclock -display hostname:0
uses hostname's x serttings.  So in my case, which I probably did a terrible job explaining, is the GeForce3
card is in the server and the client (an SGI o2 for this example) is utilizing its x resources and its opnGL
stuff.  And the nVidia drivers seems to have a bug that this -ac option is supposed to fix.

Then again I could be all wrong.

Regards,
Jeff