[ale] X Server Question

jeff tillotson ale at jeffx.com
Fri Jan 25 03:28:53 EST 2002

Purchased a new nVidia GeForce3 card and installed it in a Red Hat 7.2 system.  The ultimate goal was to
get an app that uses openGL to send its Display there.  Well it doesn't work.  Everytime I try to send the
display there I get a message:
	X Error of failes request: GLXUnsupportedPrivateRequest
	Major opcode of failed request: 129 (GLX)
	Minor opcode of failed request: 17 (X_GLXVendorPrivateWithReply)
	Serial Number of failed request: 17

Local OpenGL apps would run fine.  I was sure I installed all the nVidia drivers fine.  So I went searching.
www.nvnews.net gave me a possible fix:"by adding the -ac option to Xservers file".  Well I looked at the
man page for Xservers and figured I would give it a try.  I thought I added the -ac option to the appropriate
place in the /etc/X11/prefdm file but I keep getting the same results.

I am by far no guru on X and all its various options.  Can someone please tell me whereI should add this -
ac option to so that the Xserver will start using the -ac option.

Regards,
Jeff