[ale] ssh

James P. Kinney III jkinney at localnetsolutions.com
Thu Jan 24 12:57:14 EST 2002

If you want to start a process (on any local or remote computer) and
then log out and have it still run, you need to look at "nohup".
"screens" will allow you to redirect the screen anywhere you want it to
go. It's mostly used for terminal windows. For graphics, look at vnc.
Then you can launch a vnc client, connect to the #1, start the proggie,
watch play pictures for a while, close down the connection, turn off #2,
sleep, get up and reboot and open vnc connection back to #1 and see what
you've missed.