[ale] Follow up on From static to DHCP

Michael E. Barker mbarker68 at home.com
Thu Jan 24 01:57:45 EST 2002

Last Friday I posted:

I have @home (which has been in trouble for a while) through Comcast my
cable provider.  I just recieved an email saying I need to reconfigure
from static to DHCP with their new high-speed service or lose
connctivity.

Does anyone have experience with this.  I have succesfully configured
DHCP for lan in the past but cable does not want to cooperate.

Appreciativly

-Michael

Thanks to Keith and Megan for their suggestions.

It ended up that I was nosin' around at the last minute and the thought
had occured to me to check my firewall config.  Sure enough there was an
entry for DHCP set to default disabled.  I enabled it and thought I
might poke around on the web for supporting info.  While surfing I got
cut from the network.  I told you it was the last minute.  So I figured
why not just give it a try.  Upon reconfigure of network and a
restart...badda bing badda boom.  IT WORKED!!

So I guess now I should submit Comcast High-Speed to the compatable
providers list at phystech.com.

-Michael